Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas 2008

It is usually hard for me to get into the Christmas Spirit. Mainly because our lives are so busy that I don't usually have time to focus on the hustle and bustle of Christmas, but another reason is because Ian and I don't spend money without discussing it with each other first (which isn't a bad thing) so there is little room for surprises when it comes to purchasing Christmas gifts. I'm not one who likes to be surprised, I have to know what all the gifts are under the tree, but I do like to surprise Ian. I wanted to surprise him with a Playstation 3 and a flat screen TV this year, but I can't make a purchase that big without discussing it with him first. We went over our Christmas budget and decided that the amount of the Playstation 3 would be enough spending for big purchase items. Of course we had to spend a little more money on clothes and toys for Boston.
Boston is still a little too young to get all hyped up about Christmas. It's good for us, because it saves us a lot of money, but it makes it easier for us to not care so much about Christmas. I was tempted to not wrap any presents, and I just about didn't care to wait until Christmas Day to use them, but I realized that I still need to set and keep the tradition of Christmas in our home so it will be something Boston is used to when he gets a little older and starts to care a little more about Christmas. The sad thing is though, Boston didn't get to sit on Santa's lap this year! Hopefully we can get around to that next year.

My favorite part about the Holiday Season is just spending time with family. A few years back, my mom started her Christmas Tradition of having the family gather at her home on Christmas Eve to play some Christmas games, like BINGO and the Left/Right Game, and to enjoy a Christmas Dinner of Ham, Scalloped Potatoes (which are to die for), Rolls, Salad, and usually a dessert that no one eats beacuse their bellies are full from the delicious dinner and all of the Christmas snacks that they ate while dinner was still cooking. We have a great time together as a family. We miss the family members that live out of town that aren't able to take part in these festivities with us, we always hope for them to be with us next year.
Here is Boston taking a peek into his Stocking to see what Santa brought him. On top was two sippy cups, that he was a little more excited for than I had expected. I thought he would have been thrilled about his toy laptop, but he was more interested in pulling everything out of his stocking first. Stocking Stuffers included: Sippy Cups, Curious George Bubble Bath, Shampoo, Bath Toy, and a Curious George Movie. Santa brought him a toy laptop because he always likes to play on mom and dad's computer and now he has his own.I think he is quite happy with the new toy!

After he pulled everything out of his stocking it was time to hurry and open up the presents. We were on a time crunch because we had to be at Grandma's for a delicious breakfast of Biscuits & Gravy at 9:00 but the presents just seem to keep coming and coming.He did very well opening up his presents all on his own. Bostons list of gifts included: Three new church shirts, two new church pants, one pair of church shoes, three new pairs of jeans, a sweat suit, a new polo shirt, and a toy camera. Yep, mainly clothes and only two new toys for Christmas. Are we the meanest parents or what? Hey if you saw the bucket of toys Boston inherited from his cousin Kash, then you would have done the same.
Then it was off to Grandma & Grandpa Williams for breakfast and MORE presents. Grandma & Grandpa sure do know how to spoil thier kids and grandkids. Boston did get lots more toys and books from Grandma & Grandpa. They can always give the fun gifts and mom and dad can always give the boring gifts. I bought Ian and Boston semi-matching polo shirts from Old Navy. Don't they look cute.Here we are with smiles on our faces! We had a wonderful Christmas. Boston doesn't look too happy, but he never is when he has to leave Grandma's.

2 comments:

Neilson Family said...

I think he was sad in the picture because he knew he had to go home to BORING new clothes!!!! You SCROOGES!!!! By the way..... after all the new toys Kash got, Boston is about to inherit ANOTHER bucket of toys!! Love you guys!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Looks like Christmas was a blast! Boston is getting SOO big!