Saturday, April 30, 2011

My post for April 2011

In case you are all wondering, The Talbot family is alive and well. Our computer crashed a few weeks ago, so I have little desire to try and download pictures from our camera and then upload them to our blog. I know, I know, it needs to be done, you are all wondering what we look like these days. So, I'll tell you what, I will attempt a picture overload blog post soon.

But for now...it has been a crazy little while. I (Ryan) chopped my hair. Boston and Ian got hair cuts too, and Blake is in need of another one. We have spent some warm days playing at the park and riding bikes, and then some cool days playing indoors. I don't think Spring knows if it is going to stick around yet. I really wish it would figure things out, because I need to know for sure if I can put the boys pants and long sleeve shirts away!

Ian celebrated his 31st birthday this year. Since mine and Ian's birthday is only 3 weeks apart, and our wedding anniversary crammed itself between those dates, Ian and I decided to celebrate all three on the beach in San Diego. With no kids mind you. It was a heavenly four day weekend.

Boston had his birthday party today. (Hopefully pictures will come in a soon to follow post.) His birthday isn't for a few more days, but it is easier to throw a birthday party on a Saturday instead of the weekday. I can't believe he is FOUR!

Blake is growing big fast (10.5 months old). He jabbers constantly. I've tried to get it on video, but it doesn't seem the same. He is teaching himself to walk these days, and is so proud of himself when he walks the few steps (unaided) between the couch and the chair. When he reaches the chair he turns to see if Ian or I saw, and then grins and laughs and starts jabbering all over again. I need to try and get that on video! He has managed to get an ear infection, which has been miserable for everyone. We are finishing the second round of antibiotics, and hopefully it is the last.

I am kept busy staying home with my monkeys. I picked up another student to tutor, which has been fun. I get to still be a teacher, which I miss a lot these days.

Easter was a lot of fun. Need to do a post on that too. Which reminds me, I never posted about Christmas. Yeah, raising two little monkeys takes up an awful lot of time and energy.

Here is April in a nutshell. Glad that Summer is just around the corner. Hopefully we have a lot more fun adventures, and that I will actually blog about them. Thanks for reading. Check back often, but not too often. ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

happy mother's day to you. I am so glad you took a vacation. you deserved it with all you do.
that is so cool you are tutoring also. way to fit it your career. that is awesome.