Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My first day of school....

So, I survived my first day of school. My feet are killin' me. I am not used to standing up all day. I started to lose my voice a little bit, so maybe by the end of the week it will be gone (I hope not though).

I have a wonderful class. A total of 27 students, 17 girls and 10 boys. It was a great day, and I am looking forward to tomorrow. I need to get some pictures on here of what my classroom looks like, but I haven't had time to dink around with my camera yet. Hopefully sometime soon.

I just wanted to do a quick post, because I knew you all would be wondering how well school went today. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers in hoping all would go smoothly for me, because it did!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

AWESOME! We are so excited for you and everything you are accomplishing.

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

I'm glad it went well! Post pics of your classroom soon!

Anonymous said...

Halauah. We were thinking of you today & your huge class. I am glad to hear that all went well. You deserve it. Good luck with your voice. I had a teach in middle school that ate cherry halls like they were candy. I think that it probly why. Try a werthers.

Jason and Joanna said...

YAY! I'm so glad it all worked out great for you!! My mom said she talked to you in the afternoon the other day and you said you were alrady exhausted! Keep workin hard, you're doin great!!! Congrats on making it through your first day of school, especially where you're the teacher and not the student!

Unknown said...

Glad to hear Mrs. Talbot. Is it weird to be called that and have 27 little brains taking in your every word?