Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Mini-Vacay

For our Fall Break, we decided to take a trip up to Salt Lake. I got to meet my brother's newborn twin boys, and we got to spend some time with Ian's sister and her family, and we were able to take Boston on the Heber Creeper. It was a lot of fun! Vacations, no matter how big or small, are definitely needed for my sanity. I oughta see if the Doctor will write an order stating that I must go on vacation every six months in order to stay in good mental health!Here is little Kaleb, so tiny but strong!Here is Mr. Austin, "the big brother."

The Heber Creeper!

Boston loves trains right now, so I found it very fitting to take him on the Heber Creeper. The train ride was 90 minutes long, and Boston enjoyed EVERY minute of it! He would either just stare out the window or play with his train engine. He is a great kid, and I enjoy these chances that we get to spoil him.

The "Palm" Tree! Ian's sister and her family have lived in many different states all over the country. They have been away from St. George, I think since they got married. They recently moved back to Utah, and they have seen more visitors in their home now than in any other residence they lived. It is great to have them so close again and I think they are enjoying all of the company. They have created this "Palm Tree" on their basement wall where each family member that comes to visit gets to leave their print behind. It is a cute idea, and we were excited to leave our mark on the wall. It was great spending time with them, and the best part might have been beating my nephew in a game called Settler's of Zarahemla. Keep in mind, this was my FIRST time playing the game.

Here is the face of the second place winner. Thanks for the good times and memories!

1 comment:

Neilson Family said...

FUN!! I LOVE the "Palm Tree" idea. I wish I had a basement wall. Although...we don't get much visitors. It would be full of Kash's hand prints. ;) And, I know he wouldn't complain.