Wednesday, June 9, 2010

37 Weeks!

I have made it to the safe zone! In fact, I made it to the safe zone last week, considering I will be 38 weeks tomorrow.

I am ready for Blake to make his appearance into this world. I feel huge and uncomfortable about 90% of the time. The other 10% I must be too busy getting stuff ready/cleaning, that I am too preoccupied to think about the pregnancy.

My almost four-year old nephew told me the other day while patting my belly "Aunt Ryan, you are gonna have a big baby come out of your belly, because your belly is huge!"

This pregnancy has gone quite well. I did survive a full year of teaching, which was wonderful and a little unexpected. With Boston, I was so sick to my stomach that I could barely handle work and school, and then all of that was compounded with fainting. With Blake, the morning sickness was quite minimal, and absolutely NO FAINTING! There were a few scares, and we took the precautionary steps to be safe just in case, but we all were sure excited that this pregnancy wasn't as "exciting" as Boston's. These past couple weeks have been quite tiresome, but I think that is because I have the chance to be more lazy, and we all know that with laziness there is also boredom and exhaustion. It is hard work being lazy!

We are headed in the right direction to meet this little guy. I am already dilating, which is exciting. With Boston, I didn't dilate at all until I actually went into labor, which in turn made his birth a 25 hour laboring/waiting game. Hopefully Blake's birth will be a lot quicker. We have a scheduled induction date for Friday June 18th, unless my doctor leaves town that day then we will be induced on Thursday June 17th. So no matter what Little Blake will be here in about one week! No, I am not ready at the house to have a baby, but my body was ready to have a baby a long LONG time ago. Everything else will just have to fall into place, right? Right!

5 comments:

Valerie and Garrett said...

I wish I was as cute pregnant as you are! You look really great! I too, am excited to meet this baby Blake! Let the count down begin! :)

Lamchops said...

Looking good Ryan! I have sure missed seeing Boston, Ian & YOU each day! Can't wait to see that little baby. You sure it's going to be a boy? J/K.

Heather Layton said...

I'm so jealous. I would choose the 18th to have this one if it were up to me. good luck, as with any labor and delivery, you'll need it! :)

Mike and Katie said...

ryan we are so excited for you and boston and ian for your addition that is coming...can't wait to see the next post with pictures of a baby

Anonymous said...

Ryan you are looking good!! I can't wait to till little Blake comes :)