Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Just a quick update!

(FYI, there are not a lot of pictures in this update. I don't take a lot of pictures, so read if you want, move on if you want. Either way, I have finally updated my blog!)

I know it has been a while since I have last posted. We have been busy. I have been exhausted! A lot of the time, I don't have the patience to wait for pictures to upload, so I don't end up blogging.

This time of year, everything seems to get overlooked. It is the final months of school so that just seems to drain every ounce of energy I have. It also doesn't help being in the third trimester of pregnancy. However, there were a few milestones hit within these past few weeks since Easter (my last blog post).

My most handsome, wonderful, hardworking, and loving husband turned the BIG 30! I asked him if he wanted a party for his special day, fortunately he said no. I say fortunately, because I didn't have time to throw him one anyway.

Ian and I celebrated our 6th Wedding Anniversary. For the celebration, Ian worked all day. Then we went to our nephew Bentley's baby blessing, where we were fed, then went to the finish line of the Iron Man, and then I went to work at 11:00. Nothing too fancy, obviously, but as long as we were able to spend some time together made it quite enjoyable (especially since we dropped Boston off at Ian's parents for a little bit).
Boston and I celebrated another birthday together. Our little monster turned 3! I fortunately, stayed 25, and will continue to be until I die. We celebrated by taking Boston to Brick Oven Pizza. Ian and I both got their Pasta and Salad Bar. I wasn't all that impressed with the Pasta Bar. Boston got some pizza and Ice cream. As you all should know by now, Ian and I aren't all that big on celebrating birthdays or holidays. Fortunately, Ian's sisters made it a special day for Boston and had a mini party for him and some balloons. Next year, when I am not as busy, I will try my hardest to throw Boston a Birthday Party.

Boston was able to go on his first Father's and Sons Camp out. Ian had taken him to Father's and Sons before, but never camped overnight. This time Ian's brother talked him into camping out, and Ian agreed. So they all slept in one big tent, and Boston was able to camp with two of his cousins.Now, Boston wakes up everyday asking to go camping. Hopefully, after the baby is born we can take him on a weekend camp out.

We went on a quick day trip down to Las Vegas, to visit my good friend and her family. It was a nice get away, and Boston was able to go on his first go-kart ride. He loved it!

Aren't my two boys so HANDSOME?

I finished up my second year of teaching. I had such a wondeful year, and am sad to not be going back. However, I am so grateful to not have the added stress of teaching on top of raising two children. It will be a great break for us all for me to be at home.

Now if this baby will get here, then I can do another blog post. ;)

2 comments:

Mike and Katie said...

what a darling picture of boston and his cousins...that will be one he will look back on when he is older and love...

Jessica said...

Congratulations on all your events in the past couple months!!! Can't wait for your new little one to come- Whoo-hoo!