My mom has wanted a denim quilt for as long as I can remember. So, for her birthday (in October) I decided to make one for her. It was suppose to be a surprise. I got the jeans she had been saving up from her house one weekend when she was out of town. I even borrowed her sewing machine (told her I was making a baby blanket).
However, I don't know how to work a sewing machine, let alone sew a blanket. So I had to break down and tell her what I was sewing and ask her for a little bit of help. With it out in the open now, I had to get it finished. She was excited to finally have a denim blanket, and I was excited to have the mess out of my house.
She did get her birthday gift, but it was 3 months late. The blanket isn't perfect by any means. I learned a whole lot during this adventure, and plan on making another one just to redeem myself. It was a fun try, and it made my Mama happy, so that is all that matters.
Love You Mom!
2 comments:
Thank you so much. It is beautiful. You don't give yourself enough credit - you did a great job. Love you! MOM
It looks great! You did awesome. So sorry I was too much of a gabber & not enough of a helper. You should be proud of yourself. Make Ian give you a pat on the back.
Post a Comment