

Boston has a really good friend he likes to play with. Her name is Brin. She and Boston are only 3 months apart in age, and her mom and I served together in the Primary Presidency. So during Presidency meetings, the kids always played together. Well the friendship has lasted through our callings and through moving to different neighborhoods (which is probably what made the friendship stronger). Now that I have gone back to work, Boston gets to play with her EVERY DAY! And on the weekends, these two are sad that they won't be playing together. During the Summer, we got together a couple times a week and played at parks, fed ducks, went on picnics, went swimming, etc.


One day while they were playing, Brin's mom overheard the two talking about kissing. She interrupted the conversation and said that Brin can't kiss boys until they get married in the Temple in which is after the boys go on their mission. So Brin has held true to this "house rule" and instilled it in Boston. (Not that the two were going to kiss or anything.)
A couple months later I showed Boston this picture of Ian and I. I told him that mom and dad got married in the temple, and here we are on our wedding day.
This was the conversation that came from Boston immediately afterwards.
"Mom, Brin and I are going to get married in the Temple."
Then he started to run through the list of the process it will take for him to marry Brin.
"First, go on a mission. Check! Then, marry Brin in the temple. Check! Then get in the car and drive. Check! Then go to the parking lot. Check! Then stop. Check! Then kiss!"
At this point he put his hands over his mouth and giggled.
Who knows what their future really holds. Brin has already told Boston that she isn't going to marry him, that she is going to marry another boy from her preschool class. Which is fine, they are only four and now is not that time to be planning their wedding! But as for now, they play really well together and have a lot of fun, so they will continue to be friends and when they are 25 they can make their own decisions about their future. :)
3 comments:
That is so funny! I love getting those two together! And I'm pretty sure Boston has moved up as the prime real-estate for Brin! That girl can't go a day without him!!
Wait..you went back to work? Oh man, we need to keep in better touch. I'll get details from you lata! I love this post! haha! So cute!
that is so sweet! Boston the ladies man :)
Post a Comment