Since Mom and Dad keep saying that I'm getting "SOOOOOOO BIG," they decided it was my turn to write the Christmas letter. I just rolled my eyes and said "Yeah, Whatever!" I don't think they understood me, and must have thought I did something cute, because they just kept clapping and saying "Yay! Yay!" Then they tried to get me to do it over and over and over again. What is with these people? Isn't once enough? I always hear them say to Boston, "Listen and obey the first time you are asked." Maybe they should lead by example. Anyway, I'll give this a shot. I can't even talk yet, so we'll see how well my writing skills are.
It's been a good year for our family. Mom and Dad started the year off looking for a bigger home. Boston and I was drug around quite a bit looking at many different houses. Mom finally found one that she liked, and our offer was accepted in May. Apparently there is a lot of paperwork that comes with buying a new house, but Mom and Dad finally "signed" it all in June, and we moved into our new home on my birthday! Don't worry; I still got a birthday party too. The best part of the new house was that I got to have my own room! That meant that Boston didn't keep me up at night anymore, and that I could finally start sleeping through the night. Not only was I happy, but I think Mom and Dad were too, because I kept hearing them talk about it.
Boston still goes to preschool twice a week. Mom always asks him if he likes it. He says yes, and Mom gets happy when he does a good job on his homework. Boston keeps asking if he is five yet, because he wants to go to some place called Kindergarten. I don't know, sometimes I think my brother is weird. I am excited that Boston goes to preschool, because that means I get to hang out with just Mom, and sometimes she lets me play with his toys in his room. But ssshhhhh, don't tell Boston, Mom says to keep it a secret.
Dad still works at the Bike Shop and tries to ride his bikes as much as possible. He has been teaching Boston how to ride his bike without training wheels. Boston didn't like it at first, because he crashed a couple of times. If that were me, I'd totally do it the first time. I keep trying to ride a bike, but Mom and Dad always pull me away from it as soon as I get close to it. It is getting really annoying! Maybe once Boston stops getting all of the attention on the bike, then they just might let me ride one of my own. There are many days I wish I was big like Boston, he gets to do all of the fun stuff.
Mom has been talking a lot about going back to school. I guess she got accepted into a program that will help her get her teaching license in Special Education. I am not sure what all the talk is about, I only listen half the time. However, since she got accepted into this teaching program, she decided to go back to work. I think she is teaching part-time in a Special Education classroom. Because of this, Boston and I get to go play with friends a couple of hours during the day. I cry when Mom drops me off, but only to let her feel loved and needed, because I really, really, really like playing with my friends! But let's just keep that between us, you know, like our little secret.
At church, I get to go into the Nursery pretty soon. Mom and I have been going in there these past couple of weeks. I really like all of the toys, coloring, and snacks, and even the teachers are nice, but sometimes the kids are mean to me. Not sure if I want to go in there all of the time, but Mom and Dad keep saying that they will be happy when I start going to Nursery. I guess Boston is a Sunbeam, whatever that means. Some days he likes it, and some days he just wants to go home. I understand how he feels. Since we moved, Dad has been called to be a Primary teacher and right now Mom and I get to hang out. That is different, because before Mom was in the Primary and Dad and I hung out. Oh well, I like 'em both, so as long as I am hanging out with one of them I am happy.
It has been a good year for me (us). My most favorite part was learning how to walk, and now, more or less run. This means I get to run around with Boston. We like to play together, but he still likes to boss me around and take toys away from me. I'm getting "SOOOOO BIG" though, so maybe he better start sleeping with one eye open!
Well I (we) hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I hope you enjoyed my Christmas letter, and bigger hope that I don't have to type another one of these up for a long, long time!
With Lots of Love,
Blake Talbot & Family

No comments:
Post a Comment