A little baby bump! I started putting on the weight right away, but that's okay, because I love to show off my little baby bump.
Just to document, I have been put on moderate bed rest since I was about 12 1/2 weeks pregnant. At that time, we found out through an ultrasound, that I have placenta previa. My placenta is completely covering my cervix. The ultrasound was done so early, because at 9 weeks is when the bleeding had started. It wasn't a lot of bleeding, but any bleeding during pregnancy is enough to cause alarm, especially when I didn't bleed at all with my other two pregnancies.
I was bleeding off and on for three weeks. I saw a pattern that the bleeding would "flare up" every Friday evening. After mentioning this to my doctor, he asked, "What do you do for work?" I told him I teach part-time, where I am standing and walking around quite a bit during the day. So he recommended I reduce my activities and rest as much as possible. I have seen a benefit to this. I did bleed a little bit again at 14 weeks, but for the most part, the bleeding has stopped at this time.
We will have an ultrasound at 18 weeks to find out the gender of our little baby and to make sure development is great, as well as check to see if the placenta has moved at all. If the placenta doesn't move then my delivery will result in a c-section, which is usually done as soon as my cervix starts dilating, around 36 weeks. I will have to be careful and cautious of any bleeding, because as the baby grows my placenta will stretch and can cause bleeding.
Everything else has seem to gone rather well with this pregnancy. Just typical pregnancy stuff, mood swings, exhaustion, nausea and throw-ups, but we couldn't be happier to add another to our family. Sometimes I wonder "what were we thinking!?!" when I have to referee battles between Boston and Blake, but I know that all will be well when we add number three to the mix!
Saturday, March 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Lookin'Good!
Post a Comment