Friday, June 27, 2008

A Close Call!!!

With it being Summer time in Beautiful St. George, and the temperatures reaching over 100 degrees lately, definitely makes it flip-flop wearin' time. So I pulled out my cheap $3.50 flip-flops that I bought at Old Navy, and have enjoyed the chance to wear shoes without the confinement that shoes bring with them. Well, the disadvantage to flip-flops is that they don't offer a whole lot of protection because they made from thin, what is it foam, material.

Well a miracle happened the other day while I was wearing my cheap, thin, not much protection flip-flops. Apparently, I stepped on a 1-inch long nail that went right through my flip-flops. Fortunately, it went in at an angle, and as you may be able to make out from the pictures, came out the side of my flip-flop instead of up into my foot. I am not sure how long the nail had been in my shoe, but I was grateful for the protection of my cheap, thin flip-flops.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

YIKES! Those shoes were definitely worth the $3.50. Can you imagine what would have happened if you hadn't been wearing shoes? I'm glad it all turned out OK...reminds me of the time I stepped onto a rusty rake and got stitches (Yuck).

Anonymous said...

Gosh Ryan I can't possibly believe that you would put you feet in such danger! Just kiddin. That stinks. Good thing you did not get "bit". I had that happen in flip flops once a very long time ago when I was young. It could hurt.

Jason and Joanna said...

haha! oh wow! Good thing for Old Navy flip-flops, or your luck! But I'm glad you weren't hurt! But that is scary.