Saturday, July 25, 2009

Slumber Party Fun

The other night Boston had a slumber party with his cousin Kash. These two boys are only 8 months apart so they REALLY REALLY REALLY enjoy spending time with each other. However, because of their closeness in age and the fact that they spend a lot of time together they also fight like brothers, but their tiffs over toys and books won't keep them mad for very long.

Boston went over to my sisters house in the morning to be babysat while I attended a summer training. Then I brought both boys home with me for a slumber party. They played with toys for a while and drove Ian crazy while I went to a baby shower. I promised the boys that when I got home from the baby shower we were going to ride bikes, and they were very excited for that. Here in the summer heat, the best time to ride bikes is in the early early morning or the late evening while the sun is going down. There was still a lot of daylight when we were riding bikes, but the pictures look like it was dark outside.
After the bike ride we had to cool down with a refreshing banana Popsicle.

Then the boys said they were hungry, because neither of them ate their dinner earlier, so they gobbled their pizza and then it was time for a bath. Boston loves to play in the bath, especially when there is someone else in their with him, so he can pour water all over their head like his mom does to him. What a stinker! Fortunately, I am the only one bothered by this.After the bath it was time for the slumberin'. By this time it was around 10:30, so I was exhausted and was hoping the boys were too. My plan was to blow up the air mattress and let the boys watch movies until they fell asleep, hoping that would be about 15 minutes after the movie started. WRONG! Kash did great. He watched the movie for a little while and then rolled over and went to sleep. Boston on the other hand, that kid is addicted to television. So sad. He watched the entire movie, and then started playing around when it was over. It got over at midnight, mind you. I had fallen asleep, but his playing around woke me up, so I scooped him up and put him in his own bed where he was confined to very little space and would be forced to fall asleep, which it worked after about 10 minutes.

Both boys slept great through the night, and we were up around 9, Thank Heavens! They ate breakfast and played for a while, until my sister came to pick Kash up around 11. The boys were ready to be separated at that point anyway, they had just spent the last 30 hours with each other.

They gave each other hugs, and Kash headed home. Don't worry though, they weren't separated for very long. Boston and I went over to Kash's house later on that afternoon, and they were both VERY VERY excited to see each other.

4 comments:

Neilson Family said...

SO FUN!!! You are one tough cookie to be dealing with those two until 10:30pm. CRAZY!! I love the pictures!

Jason and Joanna said...

haha, so cute that they love to be with each other!

Valerie and Garrett said...

HA!!! Look what I found! So glad you're a blogger! And I love it, (your blog) by the way! :)

Jessica said...

Ahh! I love seeing little kids that are BEST FRIENDS! The innocence and total trust is heart-warming.