Friday, March 12, 2010

Pregnancy Update

I haven't blogged a whole lot about my pregnancy, more or less because I don't have a whole lot of time to blog, also because there isn't a whole lot to report. I am excited to be pregnant. I am excited to meet this little guy in 3 MONTHS!!! I know, crazy that he will be here in 3 months. Where, oh where, has the time gone?! I know exactly where it has gone, work, WoRk, WORK! That is what has made this pregnancy go by so fast, my life is preoccupied with a million other things, that I can' focus a whole lot on this pregnancy. Also, with it being my second, it feels a little like "Been there, Done that." When I was pregnant with Boston, I read What to Expect When You Are Expecting constantly. My life was consumed with pregnancy thoughts and preparations, and I was only working part-time, so I had a lot more time to enjoy pregnancy. However, this time around I have to stop and think..."Okay, how far along am I? and When is my next appointment? and How much time do I have to get things ready before Blake is here?"

But, this pregnancy has been fun. I've hardly been sick, and I have been able to continue work. I am currently 25 weeks pregnant, and have put on the weight to show for it. People say, "I am so tiny," but I feel big, pregnant, and exhausted all of the time. Blake is quite the mover when he wants to be, and sometimes those jabs are quite painful! I have had my fair share of fainting scares with this pregnancy, and quit driving mid-November. Fortunately, they were only scares, and I am ready to have my freedom back, so I started driving a little more this week, and will continue to do so until I faint, (which I don't think it is going to happen this time around. Phew!) This pregnancy, like each pregnancy, brought its own problems that I will have to deal with after Blake arrives, but hey there always needs to be a special problem with each pregnancy in order for me to keep 'em straight! My last appointment, Blake was measuring about 2 weeks behind. I have another appointment in 2 weeks, and hopefully he has been growing. I have been gaining weight, and I can feel him higher in my belly now, so hopefully all is well with him.


I don't think Boston fully understands that there is a baby brother in mom's belly. When I ask him where the baby is, he always lifts up HIS shirt. I often sit with him on the couch and have him sit and talk with Blake. Boston will ask Blake questions (with some coaching from me), like "Blake, do you wanna come out and play?" and then Boston will grab onto my belly button and nod it up and down as if Blake is answering "Yes!" It is funny to see! When I ask Boston if he wants a baby brother, his response is usually no. I am sure Boston will be happy to have a baby brother once he fully understands what that means, but I am also nervous for the transition to take place.


I haven't taken many pictures to document this joyous occasion. In fact, I have only taken one, and that was when I was about 20 weeks pregnant. It is a horrible picture, and I have changed much within the past five weeks. I want to post it anyway, so you all will know that there is a baby growing inside my belly, and just one!

(Photography 101...Never stand in front of a window to get your picture taken, unless you want a silhouette!)

4 comments:

Heather said...

You're so stinkin' cute!!! Can't wait until he gets here!!!!!

Mike and Katie said...

excited to see baby talbot #2.

Ashton & Nikell Dodge said...

You are cute and tiny! Yes we can't wait to see him either!

Jessica said...

Oh I love your cute baby bump... hmmmm, nope still not ready to jump on board;)