Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter 2010

What a wonderful weekend I had! School let out on Thursday and I didn't have to go back until Tuesday! That meant four whole days hanging out with my Boston Boy! I am getting used to being at home, but I do get bored quite easily. Oh well, I enjoy being home, Boston enjoys having me around, and Ian enjoys having me home, so I guess that is all that matters. With the little breaks here and there, I am building up my stamina to be home on a more regular basis. ;) Too bad that there aren't anymore breaks from school, but I can handle two more months.

We had a busy but fun filled weekend. Ian's sister and her family came down from Salt Lake area, so Friday night there was a big family dinner with the Talbot's. It is fun to gather with family, especially when food is involved! ;)

Saturday morning Boston went on an Easter Egg Hunt put on by the City at the park. I kept telling him we are going to put eggs in his basket, and he would say that he was going to get some chickens.

After the hunt, we went shopping to buy me some maternity clothes. I bought them at Kohl's because they were cheap, but they were/are a little big, so when I wear them I really feel like a big frumpy pregnant lady. Oh well, I guess that is what I am! Then we went to Wal-Mart to buy some Easter stuff. I went shopping with my mom, and expected her to see first hand why Boston is not allowed to go grocery shopping with me EVER EVER again. Fortunately, to my surprise he did quite well with sustaining a 3 hour shopping adventure. It may have been because I bought him toys at both places, I guess that is the trick to his happiness.

Saturday night Boston and I went to try and feed the ducks at the Bloomington Golf Course. I invited my sister and her little boy on this adventure. Unfortunately, the ducks didn't want anymore stale bread. They've had enough for the day, and could have cared less that we were offering them some food. They didn't even come up to us to investigate what we were offering. Well forget them! So Boston went to play at his cousin's house for a few minutes, and then we headed home to eat dinner and get ready for bed. Ian was gone to Priesthood Session, so I didn't see him until about 10, and then I was off to work at 10:45.

Easter morning began with the traditional French Toast Breakfast with Ian's twin brother and his family, Ian's sister, and us. It isn't a traditional breakfast because it was Easter. It's a traditional breakfast because it was General Conference. We all gather twice a year on Conference Sunday's and eat way too much food and watch the morning session of General Conference together. It has been great fun and great food, and is very well looked forward too by all. This year, April put on an Easter Egg Hunt for the boys, so that was a lot of fun! Boston got loaded up with good stuff. Thanks April! I didn't get any pictures of that hunt, sorry.

After Conference, we went over to my sister's house for another Easter Egg Hunt. Boston got loaded up even more! Three Easter Egg Hunts in one weekend is more than enough, but Boston had a good time. And by the third hunt, he really understood what to do. After that we went home, rested our eyes and watched/listened to the last session of Conference, then went over to my parent's house for a delicious Easter dinner of Ham, Scalloped Potatoes, Salad, Rolls, and Pie & Ice Cream. Talk about some good eatin' on Easter Sunday! Then we went home and crashed the rest of the night.

It is a good thing I didn't have to go to work on Monday, because after the busy day of Sunday, I needed that time to rest! It was a wonderful weekend. Great Company! Great Food!

(I will upload pictures when my computer will let me. Thanks! Sorry for the inconvenience.)

2 comments:

Karen said...

Holy cow - that's one heck of an easter weekend! Sounds like fun.

Jessica said...

How the heck are ya? Hope we see you guys this summer before & after the baby:)