My kids like to hold onto their umbilical cord stumps forever! Boston was 8 weeks old until he finally lost his (with a little help). Blake is now two weeks old and still holding on tight to his! It is frustrating because it makes bath time not very fun. Both of my boys hated their sponge baths, it made them too cold and they would scream the entire time. Once Blake healed well enough from his circumcision, I was able to put him in the baby tub. The nice thing about the tub is that it has a net that the baby can sit on and he isn't fully submerged in the tub. He is still kept warm, and his umbilical cord is kept dry.
Blake now loves his bath's.
However, he HATES getting out. He screams instantly.
6 comments:
what a handsome little baby!
He's so cute!! I bet you are loving being home. Payton's stump stayed on for 5 weeks. I was so disgusted. I also had to help the process along. Good Luck! Keep the pictures coming.
My first thought when seeing the bath picture was that Ian carries some very strong genes, but the more pics I looked at, I think he has a good mix! Good job!
That sounds Great! I hope he sticks with that schedule of knowing nights from day. He looks so cuddly.
Awww, I love newborn bath time. So sweet.
Kennady's umbilical cord fell off at 10 days & Coby's at 13 days. Blake is such a little cutie! Congratulations! =]
Post a Comment