Monday, December 13, 2010

Ghetto Swimming Pool

Boston sure was a trooper this summer! Boston had a few adjustments to get used to. First of all, mom coming home, which meant he didn't get to go over to his cousins house and play every day! Also, a new baby brother, which meant mom and dad were preoccupied/exhausted, and he had to hear a baby cry, and be quiet because the baby was asleep, and couldn't get out of the house as much as he was used to.

I did my best trying to keep him entertained, but there was only so much I could do, since I was the one that was preoccupied with the new baby.

I finally let him start to venture outside and play in the front yard. However, mid-July it is quite toasty warm here. So he created a ghetto swimming pool in the driveway. He kept cool enough to play a little bit, but we did have to "fill" it up a couple times since the water would evaporate quickly.He was EXTREMELEY happy to be outside, and loved every second of playing with his cars in water. In fact, he wanted to do this everyday. I was happy he was happy. I feel bad that he doesn't have a backyard to play in, but we get creative and make do with what we have!

(How sad! This makes me sad for what he had to go through this past summer, but hey he will be a better person for it, right? Right?)

2 comments:

Lamchops said...

I have pictures to prove that our pool creativity was a hose in the shape of a circle & filled wtih water. Hmmm.

Jason and Joanna said...

Right. Hey, at least he has a roof over his head, food in his tummy, and a family who loves him :)

Very impressed with your creativity