This past weekend we went on our traditional Christmas Tree Hunt with Ian's brothers and their families. This is a tradition we all look forward to every year, and we all have so much fun.
In the past eight years that I have done this with Ian, this year seems to be the first year that there was snow on the ground. Not a lot of snow, Thank Heavens, but enough for the little ones to make a few snow balls and throw them at each other.
We took Ian's truck, so he could haul all of the trees off of the mountain as well as pull his brother's four wheeler. Ian's truck seats six, so we got to add a couple little ones to ride with us. Boston is always happy when his cousins get to ride with him.

Aunt Annie bought the little ones juice for the rode, so the only way I could get all three of them to look at the camera was by having them show me their juice and say "Bug Juice!" It worked!

We had Blake ride up front with us. He was quite happy being next to mom and dad and playing with his toy ladybug!
We drove up to Central this year. We have gotten trees here before. It is only about a 45 minute drive.

I spotted this tree from the rode. We always scout trees from the vehicle, and if we see one we like we mark it and come back to it as a last resort. Ian was on the phone when I told him I found our tree, so he didn't hear me. When we made it to our base camp, I told him I had found our tree. So we turned around to look at it up close. The entire back side of this tree is completely bare except for the top, but we new it was going to go in a corner, so we didn't need the backside anyway. We liked the tree, we marked it, but we couldn't settle for it just yet. We came to hunt, and hunt was what we were going to do.
We headed back to camp, where everyone else was, and got all bundled up in our warm clothes to go hunting for Christmas trees.

Blake was kept very warm. He was quite happy to be held the whole time and the Bjorn Backpack made it so much easier to carry him around.
We first started our trek on foot.
Then we got to take a ride on this to cover more territory.
Boston loved the four wheeler ride. Ian took him on his own adventure so they could go faster without worrying about me and Blake.
We found some good trees on our hunt, but I was set on the first one. So we headed to camp to hang out and enjoy some lunch.


The rest of the family found and cut their Christmas trees. We cut ours down on the way out.When I say we, I mean Ian. I was more there to take the picture and moral support. I mean this is a family tradition!


Good thing there is only "half" of a tree, or Ian may have had some trouble carrying this load!The truck and trailer were finally loaded with the 7 trees.
We were all ready to head back home.
The advantage of riding with the Little Ones. These three were zonked out just minutes after getting in the truck!
The final result! The only way you know it's missing it's backside is because I told you that several times in this post. It turned out great. We had a good time. Boston is so excited for Christmas this year, and reminds me everyday that Santa is coming to his house.
We hope you all have a Very Merry Christmas!
4 comments:
LOVE IT! Turned out so great! Glad you guys had fun!
What a fun tradition! Your tree looks great :)
very cute!!! so much fun! way to keep the tradition alive and do it with 2 kids :)
How fun!! We still have the tree we got when we were first married. Craig calls it our Charlie Brown tree but I love it!
Post a Comment