We are trying to get back into the habit of holding a Family Home Evening on Monday nights. I've realized that FHE doesn't need to be a dog and pony show every Monday. Plus, we may not always get a spiritual thought or lesson in. Often times there may be tears and tantrums from both children and adults, because that is how we roll. But as long as we get used to setting aside one night a week to do something together as a family, then I feel we are doing our part.
With Fall upon us, and the Spirit of Halloween looming, we decided to take a trip to the Staheli Farm Corn Maze. Boston watched an episode of Curious George, where George had to use a map to get through the corn maze. Boston was excited to do the same. But before we could start the maze, we had to play around on the farm.
First stop, duck races. Boston enjoyed pumping the water to get his duck to the other side. We didn't play here too long, because I know that Boston would end up soaked!
Next was the pig races, didn't get any pictures of that, but boy can those pigs squeal! Then it was onto the big air bubble trampoline. Boston enjoyed it, as any four year old should.
But what made it more fun, was seeing how much Ian enjoyed it too! Especially with his best friend Ashton. Those two can act like kids again whenever they get together.
Then it was off to the petting zoo! Couldn't get any pictures of that, because Boston just quickly walked up to the animals laughed and squealed, and then moved along. Oh well, I know he was up close and personal with a few farm animals, because I still can't get the smell out of my nose!
Next up, loading up on the trailer that was pulled by the tractor, headed to the maze! Boston likes big machinery, and especially likes tractors. He was very excited to be up close and personal with one of those!
Now to the maze. Map..check. Flash light...check. Boston was a good leader!
And we were good followers!
Blake enjoyed walking around.But when he got too tired, or too slow, he ended up in dad's arms.
Or, on his shoulders.
Since I am usually the one behind the camera, I decided that I needed a photo op with my boys.
See, I really was there!
After wandering through the maze for a little bit, we decided to have Boston "lead" us to the front. When we were through, he climbed on the hay stack and felt like he was king of the world!
We had a lot of fun at the farm. And yes, tears were shed, tantrums thrown, but still a good time was had. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment