I've always wanted a house with a red front door. I like the color red. Don't know why, just do. Our first home was regulated by a Home Owner's Association, so I wasn't able to paint our front door red. I never asked, but from serving on the Association Board for two years, I already knew the standards for the community, and knew that a red door just wouldn't work. So, when we bought our new home, I asked Ian if I could paint our front door red. He doesn't know what my fascination with red is either, but he did give me the go ahead.
Wish I would have thought it through a little. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO PAINT! Thought it couldn't be that difficult to paint a front door, but believe me, there are many imperfections on my front door. Couldn't get the paint quite even. After three coats, and trying to paint during nap times and then keeping the kids away from the door while it was drying, I decided to settle with the flaws. Now my next project is to make a big wreath to try and cover some of the imperfections, and also the wreath will take the focus off the door!
However, the door looks absolutely lovely from the street! I LOVE IT!!!
Here is the before...
The door was the same color as the stucco. Looked fine. Matched the house well. I just wanted a little more spunk, so to speak.
Here is what it looks like now...
I guess now my house can be known as "the house with the red front door!"
4 comments:
I'm a big red door fan too. It looks great!
Oooohhhhh, I like it! Adds a lot more spunk! Good job, girl!
I LOVE the red door!!!
https://www.cekaja.com/info/peluang-bisnis-barang-antik
Post a Comment