Since we are just starting our blog, I thought it would be a good idea to give a little background of us and how we came to be where we are today.
March 2002: Ian and I first met at a bonfire. Ironically, we were both dating other people at the time who were preparing to serve missions. When they went on their missions, Ian and I started hanging out as friends and then it turned into dating one another.
July 2002: It was the fourth of July and my friend Stacey and I watched the fireworks with Ian and his friends at the Bike Shop. After the fireworks show I was looking through Ian's cell phone and he said "Put your number in there and I will give you a call sometime." And sure enough he called me!
August 2002: Ian asked me out on our first date. It was a big group date. We went to dinner at The Pasta Factory, bowling at Sunset West Bowling where I got three strikes in a row on the last frame, dessert at Applebee's--the Blondies are to die for, and then went to a girls house to watch a movie--we didn't stay for the movie it was already like one in the morning by that time so we went home. The date was a lot of fun and Ian and I continued to hang out as friends.
September 13, 2002 (Friday the Thirteenth): Went to a movie with Ian and a few other friends--not a date I paid for myself--the movie was Swimfan. Not a good movie, but worth being able to spend time with Ian. After the movie Ian and I hung out, and he showed me the landscape of the Opera House. I had never been there before and it was very beautiful. We sat on a bench and were talking for a while, and that is where and when we had our first kiss!
September 14, 2002 (The day after our First Kiss): We were going cliff jumping at Toquerville Falls, as we were getting ready to go Ian asked "So are were dating?" My response was, "Sure if you want to." So we started dating exclusively.
December 27, 2002: We had the talk! We were watching a movie at Ian's brothers house while his family was out of town. We began talking to see where things would be headed, and the "M" word came up.
February of 2003 to February 2004: Our relationship had many ups and downs. Throughout our relationship roller coaster ride, Ian and I became the best of friends and really learned how to communicate with each other.
February 6, 2004: Ian proposed! I had no idea it was coming. He sent me on a scavenger hunt of important spots in our relationship, the spot in front of the temple where we would read scriptures together, then to a park where we liked to hang out, the spot where we first said I Love You, and then to the spot where we had our first kiss--back at the Opera House I found Ian waiting for me with a ring in hand! I was so excited! I couldn't wait to become his wife.
May 1, 2004: Ian and I sealed our love for each other in the St. George LDS Temple. It was a beautiful day, and we were surrounded by the love we had for each other and the love of many family and friends who supported us in our decision to marry.
May 3, 2004: Ian and I boarded the cruise ship to set sail for our honeymoon!
May 7, 2004: We arrived home from our honeymoon and the journey begins! From here on out Ian and I busy our lives with school and work. We were both attending Dixie State College. Ian pursuing a Business Degree, Ryan pursuing a Degree in Elementary Education. Every once in a while we found time for some fun.
July 2004: We went on vacation to Austin, Texas to visit Ian's brother Charles and his family. that was a fun trip, filled with mountain climbing, visiting the Alamo, and a memorable experiecne at The Olive Garden.
August 2005: Ian took me back to Boston, MA to show me his mission. We were back east for one week, and while there we visited Niagra Falls, Palmyra, NY, and Boston, MA. We both look forward to the day when we can go back.

After we returned from vacation it was time to get back into school. I had been accepted into the Elementary Education Program at Dixie so the course work began.
April 2006: Ian and I buy our first home! It isn't a big home, but it has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 car garage. A perfect starter home and one to start a family in.
Summer of 2006: We decided it was time to have a baby. I thought that with only one year of school left, that I could finish that up while being pregnant and then I could stay home and be a mom!
August 2006: We find out we are pregnant! Ian and I were so excited. In the beginning the pregnancy went well, but then sickness came along with exhaustion and even dizziness and fainting. The pregnancy was tougher than I thought it would be, so I had to postpone schooling until the following school year. :(
May 3, 2007: Boston was finally born! After 25 hours of labor, he finally arrived on my birthday. He was a beautiful baby then, and he is a beautiful baby now. He brings so much pride and joy into both our lives.
August 2007: Ian and I are back in school.
March 2002: Ian and I first met at a bonfire. Ironically, we were both dating other people at the time who were preparing to serve missions. When they went on their missions, Ian and I started hanging out as friends and then it turned into dating one another.
July 2002: It was the fourth of July and my friend Stacey and I watched the fireworks with Ian and his friends at the Bike Shop. After the fireworks show I was looking through Ian's cell phone and he said "Put your number in there and I will give you a call sometime." And sure enough he called me!
August 2002: Ian asked me out on our first date. It was a big group date. We went to dinner at The Pasta Factory, bowling at Sunset West Bowling where I got three strikes in a row on the last frame, dessert at Applebee's--the Blondies are to die for, and then went to a girls house to watch a movie--we didn't stay for the movie it was already like one in the morning by that time so we went home. The date was a lot of fun and Ian and I continued to hang out as friends.September 13, 2002 (Friday the Thirteenth): Went to a movie with Ian and a few other friends--not a date I paid for myself--the movie was Swimfan. Not a good movie, but worth being able to spend time with Ian. After the movie Ian and I hung out, and he showed me the landscape of the Opera House. I had never been there before and it was very beautiful. We sat on a bench and were talking for a while, and that is where and when we had our first kiss!
September 14, 2002 (The day after our First Kiss): We were going cliff jumping at Toquerville Falls, as we were getting ready to go Ian asked "So are were dating?" My response was, "Sure if you want to." So we started dating exclusively.
December 27, 2002: We had the talk! We were watching a movie at Ian's brothers house while his family was out of town. We began talking to see where things would be headed, and the "M" word came up.
February of 2003 to February 2004: Our relationship had many ups and downs. Throughout our relationship roller coaster ride, Ian and I became the best of friends and really learned how to communicate with each other.
February 6, 2004: Ian proposed! I had no idea it was coming. He sent me on a scavenger hunt of important spots in our relationship, the spot in front of the temple where we would read scriptures together, then to a park where we liked to hang out, the spot where we first said I Love You, and then to the spot where we had our first kiss--back at the Opera House I found Ian waiting for me with a ring in hand! I was so excited! I couldn't wait to become his wife.
May 1, 2004: Ian and I sealed our love for each other in the St. George LDS Temple. It was a beautiful day, and we were surrounded by the love we had for each other and the love of many family and friends who supported us in our decision to marry.May 3, 2004: Ian and I boarded the cruise ship to set sail for our honeymoon!
May 7, 2004: We arrived home from our honeymoon and the journey begins! From here on out Ian and I busy our lives with school and work. We were both attending Dixie State College. Ian pursuing a Business Degree, Ryan pursuing a Degree in Elementary Education. Every once in a while we found time for some fun.
July 2004: We went on vacation to Austin, Texas to visit Ian's brother Charles and his family. that was a fun trip, filled with mountain climbing, visiting the Alamo, and a memorable experiecne at The Olive Garden.
August 2005: Ian took me back to Boston, MA to show me his mission. We were back east for one week, and while there we visited Niagra Falls, Palmyra, NY, and Boston, MA. We both look forward to the day when we can go back.

After we returned from vacation it was time to get back into school. I had been accepted into the Elementary Education Program at Dixie so the course work began.
Summer of 2006: We decided it was time to have a baby. I thought that with only one year of school left, that I could finish that up while being pregnant and then I could stay home and be a mom!
August 2007: Ian and I are back in school.
March 2008: I am half way through with my student-teaching. I am in a second grade class. I have my good days and bad days, but look forward to having a class of my own. Ian is a wonderful father! He takes care of Boston while I am away at school. They have a lot of fun together. Ian is still in school as well working toward his Business Degree. With all of the craziness in our lives, he had to slow down with school for a little bit, but he is working on it full force now and hopefully he will be done within the next 18 months to two years.
Boston is a wonderful baby! He is now ten months old! He is crawling all over the place, and soon he will be walking. He has one tooth, but is working on a couple more this week. Our lives are still crazy busy, but we are truly grateful for all that we have and all that we have been blessed with.





Now you are up to date with what has been going on. Return often to see how things continue to progress.


Now you are up to date with what has been going on. Return often to see how things continue to progress.
2 comments:
I loved reading about how you two met and how everything played out up to the wedding. It was the weekend that craig and I were down in St. George for your wedding that we talked about getting married. That was a very fun weekend. You guys are such a cute family!
Hey Ryan! Thanks for commenting on my blog so I could find your new blog! That was a way cute update of your lives! I loved it! Your little Boston is adorable and it sounds like you guys are doing great! It was good to see you at Christmas time. You look great!
Post a Comment