

On May 2nd I finally graduated from Dixie State College with my Bachelor's of Science in Elementary Education Degree. It took me quite a few years to finish up with my degree, but I was so excited to be able to walk under the "Big D" to receive my diploma. It has been such a relief this past week to not have to worry about school or homework. Ian has been able to take a little bit of a break as well, but he will start Summer Classes on May 19th, so he only gets a short break. However, it will be nice to only have one of us in school for a while. I do plan on furthering my education, but I am going to give it a rest for a couple of years and just enjoy being a wife, mother, and Fourth Grade School Teacher. I am excited to start teaching in August, and figure teaching will keep me busy enough for now, so I don't need to pursue my Master's quite yet.

Graduation was Great! My sister Jennifer flew in from Denver to be here for the big day, and my brother and his family drove down from Vernal. It was great to have so much family support. I hadn't seen my sister for a couple of years, so it was really fun to have her home again for the weekend, and St. George just isn't the same without my brother and his family. I was grateful to have my family there, especially having them help keep Boston entertained during the long graduation ceremony. THANKS EVERYONE, LOVE YOU!
4 comments:
Congratulations on this huge accomplishment. If you guys are ever in Missouri give us a shout. Boston is getting big. I'm sure he is just tons of fun.
I am so happy for you!!! That is a great accoplishment!!
Kimberly
We are so proud of you- a bachelor's... look at you go! I am still amazed that you are still interested in getting your masters! Once I got my associates, I said- IM DONE! :) You are going to be a great teacher, congratulations!
YAY! GO RYAN!!!!
Boston looks so cute- so big! What an accomplishment! I am proud of you. Your students are lucky to have you.
Post a Comment