Friday, July 18, 2008

Hittin' the Trails

Ian and I were able to sneak away last night and get in a Mountain Bike Ride, thanks to Grandma Talbot for watching Boston. Because of time constraints we rode the bottom half of the The Bear Claw Poppy Trail a.k.a. The Green Valley Loop. It ends up being about a five mile ride round trip. Ian needed to break in his brand new Mtn. Bike, and I just needed time out of the house. It was a great ride and I wish we could mountain bike more often.

Don't our bikes look good atop the car?

Doesn't my husband look good in a bicycle helmet?

Ian doesn't like pictures with him in his helmet, but a helmet is a sure necessity when hittin' the trails.

Ian's attempt up Clavicle.

Ian's drop down from Clavicle. This hill is named Clavicle because many riders have broken their collar bones dropping down this hill.

We definitely love Mountain Biking. Hopefully when school is over, Ian and I can spend more time on the trails, and bring Boston along when he is older.

4 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Looks like a ton of fun! I bet that was nice to have some alone time!

Jessica said...

Sounds like a good time! Your bikes look great atop the car.

Jason and Joanna said...

looks like you guys had a great time! i can always hang out with Boston anytime y'all wanna go for a ride, let me know!

Unknown said...

So fun! You guys need to bring your bikes to steamboat. You can ride up on the ski hill (during the summer of course) IT looks so fun.