I didn't get my Christmas cards made on time this year, and still have some to send out now. So I turned them into Winter cards. Here is our Newsletter we sent with them, and our picture.
Phew! The Talbot Family has survived another busy year. It is crazy to realize that the year is over, but we sure are excited for the changes to come in 2010! Before we start off 2010, we would like to reminisce about all that has happened in 2009.
I started off the year by accepting a calling for the 2nd Counselor position in the Primary Presidency. While teaching Fourth Grade full time at Horizon Elementary, working a graveyard shift part time on the weekends with Southwest Center, serving as the Secretary/Treasurer for the Home Owner’s Association, being a wife and a mother, I thought “I have five extra minutes to spare, why not spend it on the primary children in the ward.” It has been a lot of fun serving in the Primary and I get to serve with wonderful women who make the calling that much more enjoyable. Since I survived my first year of teaching, I decided to teach a second year. I truly enjoy teaching, and appreciate the weekends even better! I am still working the graveyard shift on the weekends. However, December 14th was my last night serving on the Home Owner’s Association Board. It was a great opportunity for me to serve on the Board, but it is an opportunity that definitely won’t be missed.
Ian started off the year by accepting a calling as The Scout Committee Chairman. Sometimes he still wonders exactly what he is supposed to do in the calling, but for the most part he works with the scouting program’s leaders and budget. He enjoys his calling, but just like me he has a busy schedule as well. Ian started off the year with 26 credits left before graduating with his Bachelor’s of Business at Dixie State College. He worked hard this year fulfilling those requirements, which included two summer courses, and we are EXCITED to say that he is a COLLEGE GRADUATE! What a sigh of relief we both had when Ian got his test scores back this last week! Ian is still working at Bicycle’s Unlimited. Hopefully with his new degree, it will open up some new doors and opportunities for him. Also, Ian is still running his small pressure washing business.
Boston started off the year hating going to Nursery, but he sure loves it now, and so do we! It is fun to hear all the kids welcome Boston into Nursery when we drop him off, and even when we see the other kids in the hall or around the neighborhood, Ian and I are referred to as “Boston’s Mom and Dad.” I hope Boston appreciates his nursery friends as much as they appreciate him. Boston turned two in May. We went through our bouts of the Terrible Two’s, but it isn’t as bad anymore. He is becoming more and more ready to be potty trained; it is just up to me to push the effort. He gets to play with his cousin’s everyday because Ian and I both work. We are grateful for having family so close and for Boston to have cousin’s close in his age. Boston has become skilled in riding his bike, I think this makes Ian very proud; however this cold weather makes it so I don’t let him ride as often as he would like. Boston’s fun personality makes us smile and laugh everyday, and it is fun watching him grow into his own.
Don’t worry, with our busy schedules we have managed to take a few mini vacations. We’ve been up to Salt Lake a couple of times, and got to take Boston on his first train ride, and come to think of it my first train ride too. We also took a trip to San Diego. We learned that a two year old is still a little too young for amusement parks, but we all surely enjoyed the beach! Having the opportunity to escape our busy schedules for a couple of days, helped us get through the year with hair still on our heads.
We are excited for the changes to come in 2010. We are most excited to welcome an addition to our family in June of 2010. We don’t know if it will be a boy or a girl yet. Boston likes other people’s babies right now, but I don’t think he understands the changes that will be taking place for him. Fortunately, he will be three when he becomes a brother, so we are hoping by then there will be more understanding on his part.
We have truly been blessed this past year. We have had the health and strength that we needed to get through the year. We have had the financial means to get out of d
ebt, except we still owe on our home. Ian and I have been able to keep our jobs, when others around us were losing theirs. We have been able to stay strong as a family even with our busy schedules. Furthermore, we have a wonderful family that helps us with Boston while we are at work. We are indeed very grateful to be surrounded by such wonderful family and friends. We hope your 2009 was as successful as ours, and wish you the best in 2010!
I started off the year by accepting a calling for the 2nd Counselor position in the Primary Presidency. While teaching Fourth Grade full time at Horizon Elementary, working a graveyard shift part time on the weekends with Southwest Center, serving as the Secretary/Treasurer for the Home Owner’s Association, being a wife and a mother, I thought “I have five extra minutes to spare, why not spend it on the primary children in the ward.” It has been a lot of fun serving in the Primary and I get to serve with wonderful women who make the calling that much more enjoyable. Since I survived my first year of teaching, I decided to teach a second year. I truly enjoy teaching, and appreciate the weekends even better! I am still working the graveyard shift on the weekends. However, December 14th was my last night serving on the Home Owner’s Association Board. It was a great opportunity for me to serve on the Board, but it is an opportunity that definitely won’t be missed.
Ian started off the year by accepting a calling as The Scout Committee Chairman. Sometimes he still wonders exactly what he is supposed to do in the calling, but for the most part he works with the scouting program’s leaders and budget. He enjoys his calling, but just like me he has a busy schedule as well. Ian started off the year with 26 credits left before graduating with his Bachelor’s of Business at Dixie State College. He worked hard this year fulfilling those requirements, which included two summer courses, and we are EXCITED to say that he is a COLLEGE GRADUATE! What a sigh of relief we both had when Ian got his test scores back this last week! Ian is still working at Bicycle’s Unlimited. Hopefully with his new degree, it will open up some new doors and opportunities for him. Also, Ian is still running his small pressure washing business.
Boston started off the year hating going to Nursery, but he sure loves it now, and so do we! It is fun to hear all the kids welcome Boston into Nursery when we drop him off, and even when we see the other kids in the hall or around the neighborhood, Ian and I are referred to as “Boston’s Mom and Dad.” I hope Boston appreciates his nursery friends as much as they appreciate him. Boston turned two in May. We went through our bouts of the Terrible Two’s, but it isn’t as bad anymore. He is becoming more and more ready to be potty trained; it is just up to me to push the effort. He gets to play with his cousin’s everyday because Ian and I both work. We are grateful for having family so close and for Boston to have cousin’s close in his age. Boston has become skilled in riding his bike, I think this makes Ian very proud; however this cold weather makes it so I don’t let him ride as often as he would like. Boston’s fun personality makes us smile and laugh everyday, and it is fun watching him grow into his own.
Don’t worry, with our busy schedules we have managed to take a few mini vacations. We’ve been up to Salt Lake a couple of times, and got to take Boston on his first train ride, and come to think of it my first train ride too. We also took a trip to San Diego. We learned that a two year old is still a little too young for amusement parks, but we all surely enjoyed the beach! Having the opportunity to escape our busy schedules for a couple of days, helped us get through the year with hair still on our heads.
We are excited for the changes to come in 2010. We are most excited to welcome an addition to our family in June of 2010. We don’t know if it will be a boy or a girl yet. Boston likes other people’s babies right now, but I don’t think he understands the changes that will be taking place for him. Fortunately, he will be three when he becomes a brother, so we are hoping by then there will be more understanding on his part.
We have truly been blessed this past year. We have had the health and strength that we needed to get through the year. We have had the financial means to get out of d
With Love,
Ian, Ryan, & Boston Talbot
Ian, Ryan, & Boston Talbot
No comments:
Post a Comment