Saturday, October 26, 2013

Save a Sister Run

As soon as I informed family and friends of my diagnosis, a few of them decided to do the Save-A-Sister Run.  This run could be a 1 mile run/walk, or a 5K or 10K run/walk.  I would've signed up for the run myself, but I had surgery 3 days prior. :(  However, I was feeling good Friday night, so I decided that I wanted to meet my warriors at the finish line! As we drove over to the race this morning, I started tearing up.  I was sad that I couldn't be out there with them, and I was grateful to see so many running for such a good cause!  The proceeds go to support the Susan G. Komen foundation and local needs for screening, treatment, and breast health education.

It was great to see so many people dressed in pink.  It was great to see so many people wearing special shirts that were made to remember a loved one who may have lost or even won the battle.  It was great to see those that are still  battling, out there on the course as well.  It is a race that I intend to run next year, and every year after that! It was great to see my cancer warriors crossing that finish line sporting pink wigs!







My running buddies decided to dedicate their Saturday morning to the cause as well.  I SO WISH I could have been with them! They've recruited another friend to the group, not to replace me though! I will be lacing up my running shoes sooner than later!


How does cancer even stand a chance with all of this pink around!?! It doesn't! I may lose my hair. I may get sick.  But I will be a survivor! I will wear pink! I will race again! 

1 comment:

Lamchops said...

It was an HONOR to be part of the walk/run on Saturday. Loved it all the way. You are awesome Ryan. :)